Saturday, October 24, 2009

I have just started planting flowers in the last few years and I live in Wisconsin and I have a question....?

At what temperature should I bring my petunias in? I have several hanging baskets and it still gets chilly here at night and was thinking when it falls below a certain temp, I should bring them in, but not sure what that temp is. Please help me save my flowers! :)
Say
FlowersBirthday FlowersSympathy FlowersI've lived here all my life and it's better to be safe than sorry. We live about a mile from Lake Michigan, and the lake tends to keep us a little warmer, but I still cover or bring in plants if they are forecasting 35 or below. If you are well inland, or in a low lying area (cold air descends), you are more susceptible to random frosts.





Some plants are more fragile also. Marigolds are probably the strongest and Petunias are mid-range, but Impatiens will turn to mush at the slightest frost.
Reply:If there is a chance of frost then you should bring them in. Usually around 34 or so. It should be warm enough now where you shouldn't have to worry about them.books authors

No comments:

Post a Comment