Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What is growing in my yard? (flowering plants in colorado)?

I am redoing my front yard and there is a very drought tolerant something-or-other growing in the yard and on the sides of the house. I am trying to figure out exactly what it is, and if it is native to my area.


Here is what I know:


drought tolerant


palmate/roundish green leaves- it has lots of these, they're scalloped around the edges


a few small flowers have started blooming- they are white to very light pinkish-purple, with pinkish purple lines going into the center of the flower


The above ground stems are pretty fleshy, but when I start digging them up there is a pretty extensive woody stem and thick roots. The biggest plant in my yard is almost 1 foot tall and a couple feet wide.





Thanks for any help!
Say
FlowersBirthday FlowersSympathy FlowersSounds like cheeseweed.......a mallow





http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/WEEDS/lit...make up

No comments:

Post a Comment